On road or off, the artfully designed wheels of the RDX make a bold statement.
The rear end of the RDX features LED taillights with light-pipe design.
The RDX can comfortably seat three adults in the rear.
- 60/40 split rear seatbacks allow for a variety of passenger/cargo combinations.
- Rear passengers can direct the flow of heat or cooling with adjustable vents in the rear of the center console.
- Passengers enjoy plenty of leg and toe room with a flat floor (no hump) and generous space under the front seats.
- The center armrest folds down to reveal two built-in cup holders.
The RDX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The available On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) touchscreen contains primary controls for both audio and phone functions freeing up the navigation screen for at-a-glance viewing and information relating to (or independent from) the lower touchscreen.
- Drivers can operate the most frequently used functions directly from the steering wheel, while traditional hard climate controls are located on the center panel.
- Beautifully lit analog gauges display road speed, engine speed, and temperature and fuel level.
- The Multi-Information Display (MID) located between the speedometer and tachometer can be controlled from the steering wheel and provides a wealth of information from tire pressure to average MPG. Models with the AcuraWatch Plus package have a full-color MID. On models with both the AcuraWatch Plus and Technology Packages, this display can also show turn-by-turn directions.
- Models equipped with the HomeLink® system can be programmed using up to three distinct frequencies to consolidate garage or gate remotes.
The 3.5-liter i-VTEC® engine pumps out a powerful 279 horsepower and 252 lbs.-ft. of torque. The broader torque curve results in a more immediate and powerful acceleration response you'll feel every time you hit the gas.
Shift On Demand
The steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters work in two ways. In "Drive," they make quick on-demand gear changes before returning to automatic operation once a steady speed is reached. In "Sport," the first paddle shift puts you in full manual mode.
The RDX connects to you and the world around it with available AcuraLink®. Stream internet media like Facebook or NPR, check emails and texts, lock and unlock doors remotely, and get directions or make reservations via live, 24/7 concierge service. You can even send a location from your smartphone or PC to the navigation system as a ready-to-drive route and, once on the road, AcuraLink® Real-Time Traffic™ continuously monitors traffic data to provide turn-by-turn directions to help you avoid any congestion.
All-aluminum engine construction and a hollow camshaft lighten the engine for secure handling while Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) enables the RDX to run on three cylinders during highway cruising for significantly improved fuel-efficiency.
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure design distributes frontal crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle to reduce forces transferred to the passenger compartment.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Since an under-inflated tire impedes handling and can be a safety hazard, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) uses pressure sensors mounted in each wheel that send readings to a central electronic control unit. The system then evaluates whether the pressure is in an acceptable range.
- If a reading is approximately 25% below the recommended level, the RDX will alert the driver through the instrument panel light and the Multi-Information Display (MID)
- The problem tire will be indicated, along with the individual pressure for all four tires. The pressure display can also be accessed anytime, using the MID controls on the steering wheel.
- As useful as TPMS is, it is still recommended that you manually check your tires on a regular basis.
Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or a $940 destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
Credit card and AcuraLink The Next Generation enrollment required to sign up for 90-Day Free Trial of AcuraLink Premium. For owners with Standard package enrollment, credit card will be billed for 1-year Premium package subscription if 90-Day Free Trial not cancelled by day 90. For owners with Connect package enrollment, credit card will be immediately billed for 1-year Connect package subscription, and the difference between the 1-year Connect and Premium packages will be charged if 90-Day Free Trial not cancelled by day 90. For owners with Premium package enrollment, credit card will be immediately billed for 1-year Premium package subscription. If you cancel by day 90, you will be refunded the Premium package subscription fee. If you do not cancel, your 1-year AcuraLink Premium subscription begins - giving you 15 months for the price of 12.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic is operable only in select markets within the 48 contiguous United States, as well as Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. The service is available at no cost for three years after purchase whereupon it will continue to be available on a subscription basis.
© 2016 Chumney & Associates